Monday, November 17, 2014

New Artwork

Hello All,

With teaching, doing freelance gigs, and revamping my website, I haven't had time to talk to all of you.  I feel I have a great audience, so I can share what I have been doing lately.  I had been feeling down a bit with certain things in my life.  Most of the time, when there is a circumstance that I cannot control, I think about it to the point that it starts to stress me out.  I know this is not good, and I am working on that.  So, when this circumstance occurred, I prayed about it, and instead, I went back to an old medium that I have not used since college, watercolor painting.

I started looking at Pinterest (my favorite site), and I started looking at watercolor fashion illustrations for inspiration.  Afterwards, I started creating my own.  Besides watercolor paints, I use gouache as well.  In addition to watercolor painting, I have been continuing to use markers to create my fashion illustrations.  This is what I have been creating so far:

Marker

October 26, 2014

October 26, 2014

October 5, 2014

Watercolor and Gouache

November 9

I'm currently working on this painting


This is still a work in progress.  I also have a pattern for a skirt that I'm still working on.


This skirt is also a work in progress.  I have to finish both of these projects soon.  I'm excited about the skirt because it is something that I have always envisioned, but now that the weather has turned very cold, I may have to wait until Spring to wear it.

Also, I will be sharing some good news with you soon.  I am so excited about this new venture in my life, and I can't wait to share it with you.

Well, now I have to prepare for class tomorrow.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment