Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day and New Illustration

Hello!!

I would like to start off by saying Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers in the world.  Whether you are a mother, or assuming the role of mother, your love, wisdom, and friendship is greatly appreciated, and we would not be the people who we are without you.

Second, I have been researching and illustrating.  We are almost halfway into the new year, and I wanted to start this year fresh!! Some things I am doing to stay positive this year:

  • Getting Rid of the Negativity in My Life.  Whether it is from friends, family, coworkers, etc., if someone is creating negative energy around me, or saying negative things about me, I am removing them out of my life.
  • Getting Back to MY Basics.  As an fashion designer/illustrator/artist, I fell into a creative slump. If you have read my earlier posts, you will know that I have been actively looking for employment in Fashion Design since before graduating from Grad School.  Because of no call-backs, rejects, etc., I became depressed. I removed myself from that feeling by praying, remaining positive, and getting back to my basics, which are the following:
    • drawing
    • illustrating
    • creating the next season's trends
    • going on fashion blog sites to stay on top of the fashion seasons
  • Setting Goals and Creating Plans for My Goals.  After really thinking about my situation, I have noticed that I had a goal, but I did not have a defined plan on how to achieve my goal.  Besides getting rid of the negativity, I am also getting rid of the clutter!! I am cleaning house so I can have a better thought process.  A great article that I have read recently, "Detoxing Your Career", speaks on this subject.  You can read it at http://lab.agencyaccess.com/blog/bid/63804/Detoxing-Your-Career
So, after getting back to my basics, I am happy to inform you that I have created a new fashion illustration using the pen tool on Adobe Illustrator.  It is called "China Machado."  

   
Original Picture

Fashion Illustration

China Machado is a legendary supermodel from the 50's and 60's era.  You can read about her at http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG9899911/China-Machado-on-her-fabulous-life.html.

Until Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment