Saturday, August 17, 2013

Birkenstock Sandals....A High-Fashion Commodity?

Hello All,

Lately, I have been looking in magazines such as Harper's Bazaar and Vogue, and I have been noticing a pair of shoes that have now become the latest shoe trend in fashion.  To all who is reading this blog, I present to you.........the Birkenstock sandal.


I have to say that I am not a fan of this shoe being considered "High- Fashion".  I was never really a fan of the Birkenstock sandal when they came out in the mid-90s.  I was in the 6th grade when I first saw these shoes, and EVERYONE felt they needed a pair! As quickly as they came, they were already yesterday's news. 

When I saw the picture of the Birkenstock sandal as "A Must Have" for the upcoming fashion season, I was like, "What in the World? Really? The Birkenstock? I Don't Think So!"  I noticed the designs are becoming a little better with these shoes.  Companies such as Givenchy and Clarks are creating new lines for Birkenstock. Here are a few examples.








the best design






Although the designs for the Birkenstock sandal have gotten better, I still dislike these shoes, and I still feel these shoes should not be considered a high-fashion trend.  Considering the Birkenstock sandal high fashion is just like considering the Croc sandal high fashion.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment