Monday, August 26, 2013

VMA Awards 2013

Hello All,

While I was working on some original designs, I was watching the VMA Awards last night.  I used to like the VMA Awards.  When I was younger, there was a certain class about the show, and you actually wanted to watch it to see what each celebrity was wearing, and then would try to emulate that style.  Now, the show has become very wretched (or as people say now, "ratchet", which is a mechanical tool).

First of all, apparently the trend for this year's awards was sheer, because everyone was wearing some type of sheer dress or outfit.








I now feel the sheer trend is overdone, and it should leave as soon as possible.  Sometimes it is cute, then sometimes it looks terribly trashy.  If you don't believe me, just look at some of the people on Instagram.

The people who have made the Best Dressed list are:

  • Jordin Sparks

  • Taylor Swift

  • Chanel Iman (shown with boyfriend, rapper A$AP Rocky)

  • Justin Timberlake


Now, the people who made the Worst Dressed list are:
  • Miley Cyrus





  • Robin Thicke


  • Katy Perry


Miley Cyrus made the show look terribly trashy and ghetto!  If you do not believe me, just look at all three trashy pictures above.  Her performance was awful from the moment she came on stage.  The bear outfit was not cute, nor were her background dancers.  The biggest disappointment of the show was when she performed with Robin Thicke.  Not only did she strip down to this nude color, vinyl two-piece garment, which showed off her "Hank Hill" derriere, but she had the nerve to "twerk" on his private area!




I love Robin Thicke, but he knew better than to wear that Beetlejuice inspired suit!  If you don't believe me, here is the proof!


The highlight of the show was seeing Justin Timberlake perform with N'Sync.





I waited to post my opinion about the VMAs today because I was so disgusted with the show, I could not bear to write anything last night. The VMAs is definitely not the same as it was before.  As a matter of fact, nothing is not the same as it was before!  There was a time when it was glorified to be classy and elegant.  Now, the more slutty and dirty you look, the better person you are.  I dislike this change.  This is a trend that I DEFINITELY will not follow.  I love my original, classy, and elegant self, and I will remain that way.

Until Next Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment