Monday, December 9, 2013

Rest In Peace Nelson Mandela

Hello All,

Since I heard about the passing of Nelson Mandela, I have been trying to find a way to talk about him.  As we all know, Nelson Mandela was a boxer turned activist who spent 27 years in prison because he fought to end apartheid in South Africa.  Despite being in prison for basically nothing, he still kept his head up, and his faith in God, and kept fighting! Now if that is not courageous, and a test of faith, then I do not know what is. Released from prison in 1990, he served as president of South Africa from 1994-1999.





I heard about Mandela's death on my way to work.  Of course I was shocked, and saddened at the same time.  I remember people were killing him two months ago on Facebook and Twitter, so when I heard about it on the radio, I had to pull over to see if it was true.  While at work, we would speak of Mandela and how strong of an activist he was, and when I would come home, I was amazed to see the stories of his life.  He was truly an amazing man, activist, fighter for his people, a man with an impeccable wardrobe, and an amazing humanitarian and philanthropist.



To Nelson Mandela, an amazing man who changed the world, you were truly a legend.  Rest In Peace.


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment