Monday, March 10, 2014

Melyssa Ford from Blood Sweat & Heels

Hello All,

I just watched an episode of the new reality show, Blood, Sweat & Heels.  It is taking me a while to get into this show, but my favorite cast members so far are Micah Hughes and Melyssa Ford. 


Of course, of all the girls on the show, Melyssa Ford is the most well-known.  Her name sounds familiar because she was a former video vixen, model, and actress.

www.necolebitchie.com
 

www.necolebitchie.com

community.allhiphop.com
 
Before the premiere of Blood, Sweat & Heels, the last movie Ford appeared in was Good Hair.  Once Blood, Sweat & Heels had premiered, I was shocked to find out that she had given up being a video vixen, and she was broke and starting over as a real estate agent. 
 
http://cdn.iamjasonlee.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/blood-sweat-and-heels-season-1-first-look.jpg
 

http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Fabulous-Looks-Of-The-Day-Daisy-Melyssa-Blood-Sweat-Heels-January-6th-20141.jpg
 

http://static.wetpaint.me/urban/ROOT/photos/310/NUP1582080982-1385580773.jpg
 
 
When I started watching the show, I realized that we were somewhat similar in many ways:
  • We had both fallen on hard times
  • We had to start over in order to find ourselves
  • We both have large attitudes
  • We are still working our way up in our careers
Although she was successful as a video model, she stated on the show that she had depleted her savings and was flat broke. I was in school, getting the necessary education possible to get my foot in the door in fashion.  Upon graduation from graduate school, my goal was to have a job in fashion.  Of course, it did not work out in that way.  After so many unsuccessful obstacles, before I knew it, I was broke, and almost homeless.  I did not want to go back home to Mississippi, but after looking at my current situation, I had no choice.
 
Ford also stated on the show that, at the age of 36, she is starting over in a field that she is very unfamiliar in.  She has had a few arguments with her boss, but she is still working to get her first sell as a real estate agent.  At the age of 30, I am still working as a freelance fashion designer, but I am constantly applying for jobs in fashion and promoting myself, proving that I am an awesome fashion designer and illustrator.
 
As stated before, Ford has had a few arguments with her boss.  Yes, she is a hard worker, but she is also somewhat "hard-headed," like me!  Sometimes, when people try to talk sense into me, I have a tendency to roll my eyes and look in the other direction.  That does not mean I am not listening, but sometimes, I just get tired of getting unsolicited advice from people who are not in my career field, and don't know anything about working in my career field.
 
There were moments on the show when Ford has tried to purchase something, and her credit/debit card has been declined.  There have been moments when I wanted to purchase something and I could not because I did not have enough money in my account to make the purchase.  I do not believe in going broke to make purchases.  If there is something I want, but I can not have at the moment, it means that I do not need it in the first place.  We both want to be successful in our careers, and we are not giving up.
 
So, Melyssa, if you are looking at this blog, I want to say "keep your head up."  This is something that I tell myself quite often.  I know that God has not made a mistake, and He is still working to make me a better person, so when the next opportunity comes for me, that opportunity that I have been working for my whole life, I will appreciate it.
 
Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment