Sunday, March 9, 2014

Socks and Heels: Go Away!

Hello All,

Lately, I have been seeing more and more of this current fashion trend, which is wearing socks with heels.  Here are some different variations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
I have been seeing this trend on the runway, fashion blogs, and in many fashion magazines, and to be quite honest, I am tired of seeing it.  Although this trend was popular during the 40s and 50s,  it re-emerged in the mid-2000s.
 
 


Since its comeback, it has been worn in many modern ways.

fashiondivadesign.com
 

sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com
 

fashiondivadesign.com

The reasons I am tired of seeing this trend is because of the following:
  • I do not like to wear socks or pantyhose, so when I see this trend, it makes me itch
  • Although I do not like seeing or wearing pantyhose, I would rather see heels worn with lace pantyhose or bare legs than socks
  • Wearing socks with heels is almost like wearing socks with sandals. It does not work well at all.
I know there are some people who love this trend; I'm just not one of them.  There are many ways to wear textures or colors with heels.  The following are my approvals:

Color Pantyhose

Textured Tights

Different Variations of Lace Pantyhose
 

Legwarmers and Heels
 
Of the different ways of adding color and texture for your hosiery, this is my favorite look of all

 
Bare!
 
Until Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment